Friday, August 21, 2009

Recommendation: The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau Banks



As I said in my earlier post, I will be "recommending" books that I read too long ago to review accurately.
So I'm starting from the back of my Goodreads Read Shelf up.
And the first book at the back of my shelf was...


The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau Banks
By E. Lockhart


Summary (from Goodreads):
Frankie Landau-Banks at age 14:Debate Club.

Her father’s “bunny rabbit.”

A mildly geeky girl attending a highly competitive boarding school.

Frankie Landau-Banks at age 15: A knockout figure.

A sharp tongue.

A chip on her shoulder.

And a gorgeous new senior boyfriend: the supremely goofy, word-obsessed Matthew Livingston.

Frankie Laundau-Banks.

No longer the kind of girl to take “no” for an answer.

Especially when “no” means she’s excluded from her boyfriend’s all-male secret society.

Not when her ex boyfriend shows up in the strangest of places.

Not when she knows she’s smarter than any of them.

When she knows Matthew’s lying to her.

And when there are so many, many pranks to be done.

Frankie Landau-Banks, at age 16: Possibly a criminal mastermind.

This is the story of how she got that way.

From What I Can Remember:
*This book made me want to join a secret society.

*I don't remember the guy at the beginning of the story's name, but I was always secretly hoping that there would have been a connection with him and Frankie.

*I truly admired Frankie's independence and self-confidence. I kind of envied her for that reason.

*I never liked her boyfriend Matthew.

*It made me irritated when people under-estimated Frankie, but she sure showed them! She kicks butt! :)

Yeah, that's about all all I can remember.

Cover Comments: I thought it was clever how the cover incorporated the seal of the dog.(3/5)
.
Overall Rating:
(5/5)



I would definatley recommend this book to any girl who wants to read about a kick-butt heroine, a secret society, and lots of funny pranks!

No comments: