Saturday, August 22, 2009

Recommendation: Elsewhere

This one's going to be a short one...

Elsewhere
By Gabrielle Zevin


Summary (from Goodreads):

Elsewhere is where 15-year-old Liz Hall ends up, after she has died.

It is a place so like Earth, yet completely different from it.

Here Liz will age backward from the day of her death until she becomes a baby again and returns to Earth.

Is it possible that a life lived in reverse is no different from a life lived forward?

From What I Can Remember:
* This book was awsome! I fell in love with this book.

* The concept was so cool, this was unlike anything I have seen at the time.

* I remember the ending of this book maybe not being the best one I could have imagined, but I also remember it being so extremely poetic to the book that it would probably have been an injustice to the book to use another ending.

That's all I remember. It feels like forever since I read this book.

Like Reversing in Time? Try Turnabout by Margaret Peterson Haddix.

Cover Comments: The cover is nothing special, but I also think that the snowglobe is simple and understated, and to a point, fitting to the book. (3/5)

Overall Rating:

(5/5)

.

I would recommend to everyone to at least read once. I don't know if I were to re-read this book it would make as big of an aspect, but I know the first time around it did!

No comments: