Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Cover Uncovered: The Demons Lexicon by Sarh Rees Brennan


Today Sarah Rees Brennan has released the new cover of her debut, The Demons Lexicon! So without further adu I give you the rejacketed cover of The Demons Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan...



And heres the summary...

Nick and his brother, Alan, have spent their lives on the run from magic. Their father was murdered, and their mother was driven mad by magicians and the demons who give them power. The magicians are hunting the Ryves family for a charm that Nick's mother stole -- a charm that keeps her alive -- and they want it badly enough to kill again.

Danger draws even closer when a brother and sister come to the Ryves family for help. The boy wears a demon's mark, a sign of death that almost nothing can erase...and when Alan also gets marked by a demon, Nick is des-perate to save him. The only way to do that is to kill one of the magicians they have been hiding from for so long.

Ensnared in a deadly game of cat and mouse, Nick starts to suspect that his brother is telling him lie after lie about their past. As the magicians' Circle closes in on their family, Nick uncovers the secret that could destroy them all.

This is the Demon's Lexicon. Turn the page.



I have yet to read this book yet despite the fact it looks AMAZING, I've heard only good things about it, and I actually own the original covered one. But I shall have to get on that soon...
Incase you were wondering my copy looks like this-->


As to which cover I think looks better, its honestly a tie. I have so much love for them both it would tear me to decide right now. I might be able to make a better decision after I have read the book. (I mean even the UK version looks amazing!
<----)



3 comments:

Sara said...

Gosh, it seemed to take FOREVER for this cover image to be released. I like it, but not as much as the covers for the first book. I STILL haven't read the first one, but it is on my TBR pile. They remind me of The CW's Supernatural - which I LOVE!! :)

j said...

Love your blog Dani! Following now :)

Kimberly Leonardo said...

loans, because of the fact that the Interstate Capital charges according to the payer's payment scale and then makes their decisions. We've all been accustomed to squeezing the most out our throw-away alkalines. Though nickel batteries were used formerly, it has mainly been replaced by lithium ion cells for higher charge retention and better performance of the battery. Starter batteries are more commonly used in cars and other motor vehicles.