Monday, January 4, 2010

In My Mailbox: Jan 4 (6)

Ahhhhh, I'm late once again on posting IMM. I didn't do it yesterday because I wanted to take a *literal* IMM picture like I usually do. And now it is way too cold (and dark) to take one, so I'm sorry but your stuck with a regular old picture of the stack of books I got. :[

-----------------------------------

Isabelle's Boyfriend by Caroline Hickey

WHAT DO YOU DO IF THE GUY OF YOUR DREAMS IS SOMEBODY ELSE’S BOYFRIEND?
Taryn has found the perfect guy. Epp is tall, athletic, handsome, and best of all, she is sure he likes her, too. There’s only one problem: He’s dating someone else. But when Taryn becomes friends with Epp’s beautiful girlfriend, Isabelle, her life begins to change. New friends, movie dates, and a first kiss—life couldn’t get any better, could it? Except that Epp is still Isabelle’s boyfriend. Girls will relate to Taryn’s sincerity and humor as she tries to balance family, friendship, and, of course, romance.

--Got this one for review from InGroup. It looks really cute and fun, I can't wait!

Boys That Bite by Mari Mancusi

This is not your typical boybites-girl love story.

Technically Sunshine can't get killed-because she's immortal. Well, not quite yet. Due to the worst case of mistaken identity with her dark-side-loving twin sister at a Goth club called Club Fang, Magnus, a vampire hottie, went for Sunshine's innocent neck. Now if she doesn't reverse it in time, Magnus will be her blood mate forever and she's doomed to be a blood-gulping, pasty, daylight-hating vampire. That would seriously bite.

And now, after the unfortunate slaying of the vampire leader, Sunshine, her sister Rayne, and Magnus must find the one thing that can solve her problem: the Holy Grail. They wish it were a joke but it's not. It's absolutely necessary that Sunshine gets out of this in time, because somehow she scored the hottest prom date in her school, the mouth-watering Jake Wilder. So she just can't be a vampire for the prom-let alone the rest of eternity.


--I bought this one because this series looks sooooo good! The others are on their way (including the newest one), and I'm really excited to start reading them!


Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. Now, in Linger, they must fight to be together. For Grace, this means defying her parents and keeping a very dangerous secret about her own well-being. For Sam, this means grappling with his werewolf past . . . and figuring out a way to survive into the future. Add into the mix a new wolf named Cole, whose own past has the potential to destroy the whole pack. And Isabelle, who already lost her brother to the wolves . . . and is nonetheless drawn to Cole. At turns harrowing and euphoric, Linger is a spellbinding love story that explores both sides of love -- the light and the dark, the warm and the cold -- in a way you will never forget.

--I just finished Shiver and I AM SO GLAD that I have gotten to read this book early, the wait would have been grueling! Currently, I have a few books to read before this one, but I'm so excited for when I do! Oh, did I mention it's signed!!!! Thank you Karin!


All the rest are from Lenore. Thank you Lenore, you are SO AWESOME!

The Naughty List by Suzanne Young

As if being a purrfect cheerleader isn’t enough responsibility!

Tessa Crimson’s the sweet and spunky leader of the SOS (Society of Smitten Kittens), a cheer squad–turned–spy society dedicated to bringing dastardly boyfriends to justice, one cheater at a time. Boyfriend-busting wouldn’t be so bad . . . except that so far, every suspect on the Naughty List has been proven 100% guilty!

When Tessa’s own boyfriend shows up on the List, she turns her sleuthing skills on him. Is Aiden just as naughty as all the rest, or will Tessa’s sneaky ways end in catastrophe?

The Naughty List. Is your boyfriend on it?


-- Yay! I am so excited for this one, it looks sooooo good! And I've only heard amazing things about it!


Wanderlust by Lucy Silag

Will they save their lost friend before it’s too late?
Angst and betrayal abound as teens search the French countryside for their missing classmate in this exciting sequel to Beautiful Americans.

The book opens with PJ on a train, racing toward Rouen to meet her sister, Annabel. But Annabel’s life may be fraught with troubles far worse than her own.

Alex persuades Jay and Zack to hunt for PJ at one of her absentee father’s ritzy estates in the country. But a painful encounter with her dad leaves Alex weeping—on Jay’s shoulder. Three’s a crowd for Zack; he heads to Amsterdam seeking an old friend, and a place to belong.

Back in Paris, Olivia’s escapades with Thomas are interrupted when they discover reason to believe PJ is in more peril than she knows. Will the crew find PJ in time? Have they lost themselves along the way?

-- This series looks really good, I just have to pick up the first book and then I can get onto reading it!


The Lonely Hearts Club by Elizabeth Eulberg

Penny is sick of boys and sick of dating. So she vows: no more. It's a personal choice. . .and, of course, soon everyone wants to know about it. And a few other girls are inspired. A movement is born: The Lonely Hearts Club (named after the band from Sgt. Pepper). Penny is suddenly known for her nondating ways . . . which is too bad, because there's this certain boy she can't help but like. . . .

--This one looks sooooooo good, I am so unbelievably psyched for it! My copy is the ARC so it has the original cover, but I love the new cover so much that if I like this I'm probably going to pick up a finished copy!


The Mark by Jen Nadol

Cassandra Renfield has always seen the mark—a glow around certain people reminiscent of candlelight. But the one time she mentioned it, it was dismissed as a trick of the light. Until the day she watches a man awash in the mark die. After searching her memories, Cassie realizes she can see a person’s imminent death. Not how or where, only when: today.

Armed with a vague understanding of the light, Cassie begins to explore her “gift,” seeking those marked for death and probing the line between decision and destiny. Though she’s careful to hide her secret—even from her new philosophy-obsessed boyfriend—with each impending death comes the temptation to test fate. But so many questions remain. How does the mark work? Why is she the only one who sees it? And finally, the most important of all: If you know today is someone’s last, should you tell them?


--Another one I'm really excited to read! Also, I actually already pre-ordered this one so now I get to read it early and get the pretty new cover, yay!


The Line by Teri Hall

An invisible, uncrossable physical barrier encloses the Unified States. The Line is the part of the border that lopped off part of the country, dooming the inhabitants to an unknown fate when the enemy used a banned weapon. It’s said that bizarre creatures and superhumans live on the other side, in Away. Nobody except tough old Ms. Moore would ever live next to the Line.

Nobody but Rachel and her mother, who went to live there after Rachel’s dad died in the last war. It’s a safe, quiet life. Until Rachel finds a mysterious recorded message that can only have come from Away. The voice is asking for help.

Who sent the message? Why is her mother so protective? And to what lengths is Rachel willing to go in order to do what she thinks is right?


--Yay, I dont have to wait until March! I've heard good things about this one so I'm super excited!


Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green & David Levithan

One cold night, in a most unlikely corner of Chicago, two teens—both named Will Grayson—are about to cross paths. As their worlds collide and intertwine, the Will Graysons find their lives going in new and unexpected directions, building toward romantic turns-of-heart and the epic production of history’s most fabulous high school musical.
Hilarious, poignant, and deeply insightful, John Green and David Levithan’s collaborative novel is brimming with a double helping of the heart and humor that have won both them legions of faithful fans.

--Squeeeeeee! I AM SO FRICKEN EXCITED YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW! I loooooooooooove John Green so much, and though I have never read any of David Levithan's books, I hear they're really good! Who knows I might have to pick some up after reading this! :]


So, thats what I got. What did you?

12 comments:

A Passion For Books said...

Great books this week! I just finished The Mark tonight and I really enjoyed it, very good. Enjoy and Happy Reading!

YA Book Queen said...

Jealous! I want to steal your mailbox! Just kidding (*possibly*). I cannot wait to see your review of LINGER (lucky you!)

Have fun reading :)

Adriana said...

You got so many great books! Enjoy.

Mavie said...

I'm green with envy, I'm beyond jealous with Linger and Will Grayson, Will Grayson! Your so lucky! Hahahaha! Anyways, enjoy your AWESOME books! Happy Reading! =)

Unknown said...

WOW - what an awesome pile you have there - jealous :) Hope you enjoy them all and I cant wait to read MOST of the one's you picked up!

prophecygirl said...

Great week! I really want to read the Blood Coven series and The Naughty List. Enjoy!

Lucy said...

Hey there! Thanks for checking out WANDERLUST. I hope you like the series. Have a FANTASTIC New Year in 2010!!!

Lucy
www.lucysilag.com

Nikki @ Bookizzle said...

Excellent book haul! I must say, I'm super jealous. I hope you enjoy them all!

Jenn (Books At Midnight) said...

OH MY GOD, you got the most awesome books ever!! Happy reading. :)

Fantastic Book Review said...

You got some highly anticipated reads! Happy Reading!

Lenore Appelhans said...

Glad the books made it to you safely AND quickly! Enjoy!

sarah darlington said...

You got some great books in there!